You may have seen members of HR performing a mindsets magic trick on Square 2 during the Celebrating Excellence Fair. We designed this topological trick to promote our new series of workshops called "Mind Hacks".
The trick highlights the importance of fixed and growth mindsets. If you found this topic interesting, you might want to attend our 1.5 hour session on growth mindset. It will give you a high-level overview of the topic. During the session, you will:
- Learn about Carol Dweck's groundbreaking research into motivation, personality and development.
- Learn how to cultivate a growth mindset;
- Discover how to help your students develop a growth mindset;
- Explore growth mindset thinking for teams.
This session is part of a newly-developed series of training sessions called "Mind Hacks". Each workshop will introduce you to a topic, tool or technique to help you build a better brain. Available sessions include:
- Growth Mindset - Improve your motivation and become more mentally resilient.
- Memory Magic - Learn several popular memorisation techniques.
- Getting Things Done (GTD) - Learn the basics of this powerful productivity system.
- Mind Mapping - A hands-on session on the visual note-taking technique as popularised by Tony Buzan. Useful for brainstorming and aiding creativity.
- Critical Thinking - An introduction to critical thinking skills and how they can help you with your day-to-day work.
- Creative Thinking - We'll introduce you to the four phases of creativity. You also learn how to use Edward de Bono's "Six Thinking Hats" to make your team meetings more efficient and productive.
- Design Thinking - Learn how to use the thinking skills of a product designer to solve any kind of problem.
At the moment, the face-to-face sessions are only available to members of staff (via HR Organiser).
To learn more about the Mind Hacks series of training events, please register with the Mind Hacks Moodle site. By doing this, you will receive notifications about upcoming training events (we'll be running the next face-to face sessions in late June). You will also gain access to supplementary learning resources on the topics covered in the series.