- The first stage of archiving a course is to create a course backup (only follow the first section of the instructions).
- Once you have backed up your course, you should see your backup appear in the file list on the final screen. If you've gone back to the course homepage, you can get to this screen by clicking on "Restore" in the red "Settings" menu.
- Click the "Restore" link next to the backup you made.
- The next screen should show you everything that will be restored. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the "Continue" button.
- If archiving a course, you will want to choose the top option of "Restore as a new course". Use the search box to search for the category you want to restore to. Once found, click the radio button and click "Continue".
- Leave everything checked and click "Next".
- You might want to rename the Course name and Course short name here - if archiving, you might want to add "archive" or "resit" to the Course name, and "_P11" (or whatever the current academic year is) to the Course short name. Once done, leave everything else as it is, scroll down and click "Next".
- Confirm that you are restoring everything you need to and scroll down to the "Perform restore" button to start restoring your course. This may take a little while.
- You should get a confirmation message that your course has restored successfully. Click on the "Continue" button to take you to your new course, or if you are restoring more than one course use the breadcrumb to navigate back to the required category.
Last modified: Wednesday, 25 July 2012, 12:35 PM