Upon successful completion of the module, the students will be able to:
· Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the basic principles of EU law.
· Critically evaluate the institutional, substantive and constitutional dimensions of European integration.
· Explain the different roles of the institutions of the EU, and the allocation of competences between the EU and its Member States.
· Explain the fundamental principles of EU law, such as the doctrine of direct effect, supremacy of EU Law and state liability.
· Illustrate and apply the substantive principles of EU Law which are common to the law of the Member States.
· Understand the changing relationship of the UK with the European Union
- Module Supervisor: Steven Peers