The aim of this module is to provide the practical and theoretical skills needed to understand the design process of advanced embedded systems.
After completing this module, students will be expected to be able to:
1. Understand the embedded systems design process.
2. Define a specification for an advanced embedded system.
3. Discuss methods for implementing reliable embedded systems to solve various problems.
4. Compare and contrast different options for the realisation of advanced embedded systems and their suitability for their application domain.
. Characteristics of embedded computing applications and challenges in advanced embedded computing system design
. The embedded system design process
. Processor architectures
. Instruction sets, processor and System on Chip architectures
. Hardware and Software System design and analysis techniques
. Processes and operating systems
. Embedded communication architectures and multiprocessing
. System design methodologies
. Various embedded systems will be examined as case studies
- Module Supervisor: Weiyong Si