The aims of this module are:
- To provide students with an understanding of the project management and relevant affairs in industries;
- To design a product which would be of the potential value for future commercialisation and achieve the product by using your previously learnt technical skills and management knowledge from this module;
- To further develop the abilities that are fundamental to a successful career;
The Module consists of two parallel strands:
The first strand will be a team project, which will be based on a simple but realistic development scenario chosen to maximise the students' experience within a collaborative group environment.
The project will normally be on a topic directly relevant to the students' degree course and will typically involve developing a software or hardware (or both) product through the specification and design stages.
The second strand consists of a series of professional development lectures including topics such as project management, legal and ethical issues, accounting, entrepreneurship, communication skills (including change management), project-risk analysis and control.
After completing this module, students will be expected to be able to:
1. Able to make a realistic plan, implement as planned, produce a product prototype, describe the product, present your project and product to others.
2. Use project management tools and techniques.
3. Explain and justify their team's finished product.
4. Report and reflect on their individual contribution to the team's effort.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of professional, legal and ethical issues that affect the work of professionals in their discipline.
6. Demonstrate the ability to research and use system development tools.
7. Give a professional presentation for the introduction and promotion of the product.8. Produce a Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter.
- Module Supervisor: Junhua Li