This Final Year Project module aims to enable you to develop a deep understanding of a business, marketing, or management issue of interest. It will rely on the knowledge and skills imparted in core and compulsory modules and reinforce the research-led environment that is a hallmark of Essex graduates. The Final Year Project provides the opportunity for you as a final year student to analyse a range of literature, documentary evidence and/or other available primary source material, to demonstrate a critical understanding of the issues facing businesses and society in the world today.
By the end of this module, you should be able to:
1. identify, plan, organise and pursue a research-based project or study.
2. demonstrate the capacity to exercise a range of research and transferable skills and methods in order to produce a research-led report.
3. analyse and reflect critically on theories and/or conceptual/analytical frameworks in addressing real-life management, marketing or business problems.
4. demonstrate a series of transferable skills including those related to accessing documentary evidence, academic research evidence and data from primary sources
5. demonstrate an ability to synthesise and critique knowledge from a variety of sources.
6. communicate effectively findings and analysis, and generate appropriate recommendations.
Skills for Your Professional Life (Transferable Skills)
On completion of this module, you should have enhanced the following key professional and transferable skills:
1. Written Communication – through the preparation of a final report
2. Research Skills – through the retrieval, evaluation and synthesis of published academic research and commercial and professional literature
3. Critical Thinking – through the evaluation and critique of published academic, commercial and professional literature
4. Digital and Technical Fluency – through the use of internet and electronic database searches to obtain published academic research and commercial and professional literature; or through research into on-line communities, for example
5. Innovation and Curiosity – through the development of a research question and awareness of the academic process
6. Data and Analytics – through the evaluation of published research
7. Personal Brand – through the development of all these skills to enhance your curriculum vitae
8. Commercial Awareness – through the evaluation and critique of professional and commercial literature