The aim of the module is to enable 2nd year EBS students to engage with an ever-changing business environment and link subject understanding with the broader context of employability.
Graduate recruitment and making choices about post-graduate study starts early. Sometimes opportunities can be advertised as early as the summer between your 2nd and 3rd year. The purpose of this module is to ensure you are prepared to take advantage of graduate opportunities at the point they are advertised.
The module consists of two compulsory 2-hour lectures to introduce the graduate labour market, timelines for recruitment and introduction to the graduate recruitment processes such as different interview techniques and assessment centres. Post-graduate study will also be covered.
The module will be supported by a Conference(s) at Essex Business School, giving you the opportunity to immerse yourself in a professional, business-led environment and hear from external speakers, industry experts and EBS alumni.
The module will be completed with a final 1 hour evaluation lecture to reflect on how you can use the knowledge and skills identified from the conference.
- develop a comprehensive understanding of employment and post-graduate opportunities available to EBS students after graduation
- provide knowledge about the job market and its requirements
- develop wider employability skills
- engage with an ever-changing business environment lining subject understanding into the broader context of employability
After completing this module you will:
1. Be adequately prepared for the graduate selection process and expectations of employers and post graduate providers.
2. Have a clear understanding of your own interests, skills and competencies, needed for lifelong career management.
3. Have a clear understanding of the need for work relevant and transferable skills.
- Module Supervisor: Kelum Jayasinghe