This module focuses on a comprehensive understanding of the impact of 'digital' on the world of Marketing. It discusses the changing nature of business and consumer behaviour, communication, and market research. The module allows the students to investigate current practical and theoretical issues within the Digital Marketing and Social Media field.
The aim of this module is to provide students with a solid theoretical and managerial knowledge on digital marketing and its great impact of businesses and consumers alike. The module also aims to critically assess the effectiveness of current digital marketing strategies and to address its challenges.
On successful completion of the module, students will be able to:
* Demonstrate a comprehensive understating of the critical role of digital technologies in marketing
* Identify and evaluate the changing nature of Business and Consumer behaviour in a digital world.
* Critically assess the effectiveness of current digital marketing strategies and address its challenges
Skills for Your Professional Life (Transferable Skills)
This module adopts a philosophy of experiential learning and aims to develop and further improve your employability skills in order to enhance your status as a graduate with impact.
Some of the skills you will develop/improve in this module are:
Teamwork and leadership skills as you will be invited to work within team on assessing/ analysing key issue in the world of digital marketing
Communication skills (oral and written) required for in-class presentations as well as your written coursework
Excellent organisational skills manifested in the management of your own project meeting various deadlines and prioritising tasks.
Employability, this module will give you the chance to work closely with local businesses and/or local employers giving you a taste of the "real world" of Digital Marketing.
In addition to the knowledge of digital and social media marketing you will accumulate whilst studying this module, you will improve or develop a set of transferrable skills. These are:
1. Critical thinking and problem solving manifested in discussions of life examples of digital marketing strategies of businesses
2. Research skills especially those that are most relevant to the digital environment
3. You will have the chance to meet a digital marketing employer who will be a visiting lecturer on this module.
4. You will be encouraged to do informal presentation and written statements, thus enhancing your presentation and communication skills
- Module Supervisor: Maged Ali