This 30 credit core module is necessary for obtaining a qualifying law degree. It attempts to provide an introduction to EU law for students who are new to this area of law. Although it concentrates on EU commercial matters such as the law of the internal market, EU competition law, it also contains an introduction to constitutional issues such as the institutional structure of the EU and enlargement.
- Upon successful completion of the module, students will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of EU law and understand their sui generis nature.
- Understand how different areas of EU law interlock
- Understand EU law in both its political and socio-economic context.
- Module Supervisor: Marios Koutsias